Cisco Mobility Express Solution - 1850 Series Access Point - 802.11ac Wave 2 - Dual Radio - Unique 4x4:4 MIMO - Support for Multi User MIMO (MU-MIMO) - Simplicity without Compromise WLAN access pointAironet 1850, internal antennas, E (regulatory domain), Dual-band, controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac, Wave 2
Ideal for small and medium-sized networks, the Cisco® Aironet® 1850 Series delivers industry-leading performance for enterprise and service provider markets via enterprise-class 4x4 MIMO, four-spatial-stream access points that support the IEEE’s new 802.11ac Wave 2 specification. The Aironet 1850 Series extends support to a new generation of Wi-Fi clients, such as smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that have integrated 802.11ac Wave 1 or Wave 2 support.
Features and Benefits
With 802.11ac Wave 2, the Aironet 1850 Series provides a data rate of up to 1.7 Gbps on the 5-GHz radio, more than triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n access points. It also enables a total aggregate dual-radio data rate of 2.0 Gbps, providing the necessary foundation for enterprise and service provider networks to stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations and needs of their wireless users.
Due to its convenience, wireless access is increasingly the preferred form of network connectivity for corporate users. Along with this shift, there is an expectation that wireless should not slow down users’ day-to-day work, but should enable a high-performance experience while allowing users to move freely. The 1850 Series delivers industry-leading performance for highly secure and reliable wireless connections and provides a robust mobility experience that includes:
- 802.11ac Wave 2 with 4x4 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology with four spatial streams when operating in single-user MIMO mode and three spatial streams while operating in multiuser MIMO mode, offering 1.7-Gbps rates for more capacity and reliability than competing access points.
- Multiuser MIMO, allowing transmission of data to multiple 802.11ac Wave 2 capable clients simultaneously to improve client experience. Prior to multiuser MIMO, 802.11n and 802.11ac Wave 1 access points could transmit data to only one client at a time, typically referred to as single-user MIMO.
- Transmit beamforming technology to improve downlink performance to mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11ac, while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2
- 4x4 MIMO with 4 spatial streams
- Wireless Throughput 1,950 Gbps (5 GHz: 1733 Mbps and 2.4 GHz: 217 Mbps)
- Mobilty Express Solution, flexconnect (private cloud), centralized (controller based), converged access
- Onboard controller for up to 25 AP's at no additional cost.