The Cisco® Catalyst® Compact Switches easily expand your Ethernet and Multigigabit Ethernet Cisco Catalyst switching infrastructure outside the wiring closet to enable new workspaces, extend wireless LANs, and connect PoE devices. These fanless, small form-factor switches are ideal for space-constrained deployments where multiple cable runs would be challenging. With speeds that reach 10Gbps, the Cisco Catalyst 3560CX Multigigabit Ethernet Switches support current and next-generation wireless speeds and standards (including 802.11ac Wave 2) on existing cabling infrastructure.
The Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series Compact Switches help optimize network deployments. These Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and Multigigabit Ethernet (mGig) managed switches are ideal for high-speed data connectivity, Wi-Fi backhaul, and Power over Ethernet (PoE+) connectivity in places where space is at a premium. With a single copper or fiber cable from the wiring closet, Cisco Catalyst compact switches enable IP connectivity for devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, surveillance cameras, PCs, and video endpoints.
With their quiet, fanless design and compact footprint, these switches offer flexible mounting options and open up
a variety of network design and connectivity options. Use them in offices, classrooms, hotels, retail stores, and other enterprise and branch locations. The setup allows for shorter cable runs from the compact switches, allowing for flexibility in space redesign and growth as new devices join the network - this eliminating the need for expensive and inflexible cabling infrastructure.
Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX and 2960-CX Series Compact Switch Highlights
- 8 or 12 Gigabit Ethernet ports with line rate forwarding performance
- 6 Gigabit Ethernet plus 2 Multigigabit Ethernet (100 Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps) ports with line rate forwarding performance (selected model)
- Gigabit and Multigigabit (100 Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps) copper, small form-factor pluggable (SFP) or10G SFP+ uplinks
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 240W of PoE budget
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) pass-through enables the compact switch to draw Cisco Universal PoE (Cisco UPOE™) power from the wiring closet and pass it to end devices (selected model) with the additional option to be powered by auxiliary AC-DC or DC-DC power adapter
- Cisco Instant Access mode to enable single point of management and simplify operation (selected models)
- Advanced Layer 2 (LAN Base) and Layer 3 (IP Base) support with an option to upgrade to IP services
- Fanless design and silent operation
- Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)
The Cisco Catalyst Compact Switches are available in nine switch models. They vary by whether they support both Layer 2 and Layer 3 services or Layer 2 services only; whether they support Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+); by the number of Gigabit Ethernet and Multigigabit Ethernet ports; the aggregate power provided, and the type of cabling connections they support.
Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX compact switches ship with the IP Base version of Cisco IOS® Software. The 3560-CX switches can be upgraded to use the IP Services version of IOS Software with a right-to-use (RTU) License. The
IP Base and IP Services feature set on Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX switches provides baseline enterprise services in addition to all LAN Base features. They support Layer 3 networking features, including support for routed access, Cisco TrustSec, media access control security (MACsec), and other advanced network services. The IP Services feature set provides full Layer 3 routing capabilities with Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Internal Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Policy-Based Routing (PBR), Multicast Routing, and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Lite.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-CX Series compact switches ship with the LAN Base version of Cisco IOS Software. These switches deliver advanced Layer 2 switching with intelligent Layer 2 through 4 services for the network edge, such as voice, video, and wireless LAN services.
Licensing and Software Policy
Customers with Cisco Catalyst LAN Base and IP Base software feature sets will receive updates and bug fixes designed to maintain the compliance of the software with published specifications, release notes, and industry standards compliance as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product or for up to one year from the end-of-sale date for this product, whichever occurs earlier. This policy supersedes any previous warranty or software statement and is subject to change without notice.