One of the largest stores with over 70000 products
Same day dispatch with online parcel tracking
Pride in customer service - just look at our customer feedbackCall us: (01865) 79 10 55 , Mon-Fri 9:30am - 5:30pmLogin / Register | Return Items | Contact us | Frequently Asked Questions
WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment"
What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both LambdaTek and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- LambdaTek will undertake their responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I know if my product is covered?Please click here (PDF 68kb) for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How do I recycle my old products?
- It means that you can return waste electrical equipment to LambdaTek when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributer obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please Contact us stating that you wish to return the product to us for disposal.
- Please quote your LambdaTek product order number and describe the item that is to be recycled
- You are responsible for returning the item to LambdaTek. Please carefully package any item in advance to avoid transit damage.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you
*It has to be like for like (e.g. a laptop for a laptop, not a TV for a laptop).
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into affect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
New Electrical and Electronic goods are marked with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
LambdaTek is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please Contact us