One of the largest stores with over 70000 products
Same day dispatch with online parcel tracking
Pride in customer service - just look at our customer feedback
Call us: 01865 791055 weekdays 9:30am - 5:30pmLogin / Register | Return Items | Contact us | Frequently Asked Questions
The website at www.lambda-tek.com (the “Website”) is owned by LambdaTek (“we/us”). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of the Website is LambdaTek. We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
2. The Information we collect
We may collect two types of information from users of this Website: (i) “Personal Information” (including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address; and (ii) anonymous “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (such as information about how many users log on to our Website). The Personal Information we may collect and process includes:
• Personal details that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address;
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of orders; and
• Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (which could include organisations such as banks, credit card agencies). They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings, or we may ask them to do so.
3. Uses made of the information we collect, including disclosures to third parties
The Personal Information you provide on the Website will be used, amongst other things, for the following purposes:
• To process your order (including payment authorisation);
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To notify you about changes to our services;
• If LambdaTek or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LambdaTek, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
• For marketing purposes, as described in more detail under “Direct Marketing” below.
4. Direct Marketing
We may also use your Personal Information, or with your consent, or upon being informed by third parties that you have consented to have us do so, permit selected third parties to use your Personal Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, SMS, mail, telephone or other means.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you from time to time (by e-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you would like to opt-out of LambdaTek contacting you for marketing purposes, you can do so at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Transfers to your information abroad
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect the Personal Information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the Personal Information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this Personal Information. The Personal Information is held on a secure online server utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which is a small file stored on your browser. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser to prevent this happening – guidance for which is set out below. We also aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of our Website visitors. Cookies are also used as a further means of ensuring private and secure purchase sessions are operated within the Website.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. Your browser can be modified to not accept cookies - guidance for which is provided in the paragraph below.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser (for example, using Internet Explorer select 'internet options' from the 'tools' menu, then click 'security', followed by 'custom level' and select 'disable cookies'). However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
8. Your Rights
We have a legal obligation to ensure that the Personal Information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by informing us of any changes to the Personal Information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request stating your full name and your address.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Change to our privacy policies
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use Personal Information we will notify you by email or an announcement on the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.