NOTE: the information
below is provided for your convenience only and we cannot
guarantee its accuracy. If necessary, please verify with
us before purchasing
3com Switch 4200G 12-Port
Switch 4200G 12-Port
Affordable, Managed Entry-Level Gigabit Switching
The 3Com® Switch 4200G 12-Port delivers quad-speed performance— 10/100/1000 and 10-Gigabit Ethernet— with plug-and-play Gigabit-to-the-desktop switching and rich, easy-to-use features. Perfect for cost-conscious medium-sized businesses wanting a fast, efficient network upgrade, this switch provides premium switching performance and investment protection without the complexity and high price.
Layer 2 switching along with Layer 3 static routing make the Switch 4200G ideal for wiring closet and workgroup connectivity. It combines high-performance Gigabit switching, QoS and traffic management features to help ensure essential applications get the appropriate priority for efficient utilization of network resources. Furthermore, this switch has enterprise-class security features including IEEE 802.1X network login, SSH/SSL encrypted device log-in, and Access Control Lists.
The Switch 4200G features eight auto-negotiating 10/100/1000 ports configured as auto-MDI/MDIX, four dual-personality 10/100/1000 or SFP Gigabit ports, and one 10-Gigabit slot. Up to 16 devices can be clustered together for easy administration, with single IP management across 3Com switching lines— with mixed clusters of Switch 4200G and Switch 5500 and 5500G switches.
The Switch 4200G comes with a lifetime warranty and next-business-day, advanced hardware replacement in most regions. It is also available in 24-port and 48-port models.
- IEEE 802.1X network access control offers standards-based security combined with RADIUS authentication.
- RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA) provides authentication of attached devices via MAC address for an additional level of endpoint security.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) enable usage policies at each point of access to the network via the switch.
- Integrated stack management with single IP management of up to sixteen units.
- Bandwidth rate limiting and protocol filtering enforces controls on each port for efficient use of network resources and prioritization of delay-sensitive VoIP traffic.
- "Dual-personality" Gigabit Ethernet, with choice of copper or fiber media for flexible uplinks.
- Multicast filtering and Rapid Spanning Tree protocol improve QoS, scalability and network availability.
- Layer 3 static routing gives additional flexibility in deployment to boost network performance.
- Secure management with authentication and encryption of management traffic via Secure Shell (SSH v2) and SNMP v3.
- 3Com Operating System is proven software featured in 3Com premium enterprise switches such as the Switch 5500, 7700 and 8800 families and enterprise routers like the Router 6000, 5000 and 3000 families.