Nintendo New Super Mario Bros. U, Wii UNew Super Mario Bros. U, Wii U
New Ways to Play and Share Your Mario Fun
New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad … and your Mii character. Now’s your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play. Up to five players can jump into the fun, with up to four people using Wii Remote controllers and one on the Wii U GamePad. The experience is different, depending on which controller one on the Wii U GamePad.
- The Wii U GamePad controller offers a new way to experience multiplayer Mario fun. Create Boost Blocks out of thin air to help players navigate tricky stages or access hidden orhard-to-reach items, and distract onscreen enemies, all with the tap of their finger or stylus.
- Swoop through levels and cling to walls when Mario transforms into Flying Squirrel Mario, or gently float through the air while hanging onto Balloon Baby Yoshi.
- Boost Mode also makes cooperative speed runs possible for the first time. Use the GamePad to interact with and manipulate enemies and objects in real time, and discover new ways to find the fastest route through each stage.
- In addition to the main Story Mode, in which players must rescue Princess Peach, New Super Mario Bros. U features three more exciting game modes, including: Boost Rush: Using Boost Mode, two to five players work together to clear many different courses in the fastest time possible. The scene auto scrolls, forcing you to move ahead through the course. As you collect more coins, the scene scrolls faster. Once you’ve completed your run, you can watch a replay of other players’ Boost Rush to help strategize for your next attempt. Challenge Mode: Numerous single-player and multiplayer challenges incorporate a series of familiar Super Mario gameplay concepts in a fun, competitive way. These challenges offer high replay value as players try to achieve the best score and unlock new challenges. Boost Mode Challenges help players practice the teamwork necessary for effective Boost Mode gameplay. After finishing, players can watch a replay of their Challenge to strategize for next time.
- Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch single-player gameplay from the TV to the GamePad at any time to continue playing even when others are using the TV.
- Families and friends can experience Mario together like never before with Miiverse. See other players’ comments and accomplishments while you play, and leave your own feedback for others to see when connected to the Nintendo Network (broadband Internet access required).