NOTE: the information
below is provided for your convenience only and we cannot
guarantee its accuracy. If necessary, please verify with
us before purchasing
Symantec 20056156 backup/recovery software
Backup Exec 2010 for Windows Servers, License + Essential, 1 year
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 delivers reliable backup and recovery designed for your growing business. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime, ensure critical information on virtual or physical systems is always protected and restored in seconds.
- Market leading data protection for physical and virtual server environments from desktop to servers
- Integrated and adaptable deduplication (using NetBackup PureDisk technology)
- Unified Archiving (powered by Enterprise Vault)
- First-to-market granular recovery for virtual applications
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical Microsoft application data in seconds
- Centralized 3-Tier Set-up, Reporting and Patch Management
- Scalable heterogeneous support through remote Agents and Options
- Continuous Data Protection for Exchange, File Server, SQL servers and desktop data
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies
- Protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs
- Optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments with integrated deduplication technology
- Easily automate storage and management savings with efficient archiving and backup through a single console
- Eliminate redundant backups for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and SQL in a virtual environment with integrated VMware and Hyper-V protection
- Restores individual Exchange messages, SharePoint site items or documents, and Active Directory user preferences from a single-pass backup, eliminating Exchange mailbox backups, reducing recovery times, storage requirements and overall management resources
- Scalable job set-up, reporting and software patch management with Central Admin Server Option (CASO) and Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager (BEIM)
- Prevent data loss on heterogeneous servers and optimize your backup performance with supported NDMP filers and SAN environments
- Eliminate your backup window and help ensures recovery point objectives are easily met for Exchange, File Server, SQL servers and desktop data through continuous backup
- Integrated security, backup and archive functionality, further providing complete data protection with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery, Symantec Protection Suite and Symantec Enterprise Vault
NEW Integrated Deduplication (using Veritas NetBackup PureDisk technology)
Backup Exec’s NEW Deduplication Option provides an integrated and customizable depulication offerings to optimize any backup strategy: client deduplication (deduplicates data at source or remote server), media server deduplication (deduplicates data at media server), appliance deduplication (integrates with OpenStorage deduplication appliances) or a deduplicated backup set copy (deduplicate data from remote offices to headquarters).
- Save time and storage costs
- Minimize Backup Windows
- Operational Simplicity Fully Integrated info Backup Exec
- Easily Adaptable to Your Environment
NEW Unified Archiving (powered by Symantec Enterprise Vault)
Backup Exec NEW Archive Options provide unified backup and archiving for File and Exchange environments by uniquely archiving data from the backup copy rather than separately pulling data from the source. The archive option will provide administrators with the ability reduce redundant data from the Exchange or Files server source to free up storage space. Overall administrators will be able to easily index data and set retention periods to efficiently manage data lifecycles.
- Easily Automate Savings
- Consolidate Your Data
- Reduce Backup Management Resources
- Improves backup & recovery times
- Optimize Exchange and File Server Performance
- Keep storage at predictable levels
Enhanced VMware vSphere 4.0 support and new virtual server application support
Integrated backup and deduplication support for both online and offline VMware ESX 3.5 Update 2 and vSphere 4.0 - plus new first-to-market virtual application protection for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and Active Directory. Now from a single-pass backup, administrators will also experience automated Log Truncation of a virtual machine applications. From that single backup, administrators can then easily recover either the virtual machine or granular application data such as Exchange mailboxes, messages, calendar items or individual Active Directory user accounts or objects.
- First-to-Market Granular Recovery for Applications
- Rapid Exchange and Active Directory backup and recovery
- Eliminate redundant backups and recover data in minutes
- Protect the Latest VMware vSphere Environments
- Deduplicate Virtual Server Backups
- Reduce and consolidate storage
NEW Windows 7, Exchange 2010 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Support
Comprehensive protection for the latest Windows desktop, email and server environmentsWindows 7 and Server 2008 support for new VSS Express Writers, plus redirected restore support to .VHD files for simple protection of virtual disk data alongside of traditional physical disk data Integrated Exchange 2010 support for the new Database Availability Group (DAG) in Exchange 2010 and enhanced granular recovery support provides fast recovery of individual email and mailboxes while eliminating the need to perform an additional mailbox-level backup.
- Backup the latest Windows desktop and server and email application environments with ease
- Easily meet your recovery point objectives for Exchange with unmatched backup technology
- Reduce your Exchange 2010 backup requirements
- Manage your desktop and server backups through a single console
Enhanced Agent for Enterprise Vault
Automated backup and recovery of Enterprise Vault 8 SP2 (and higher) infrastructures with the ability to configure a single job to protect the entire EV infrastructure and easily recover an Enterprise Vault Site or individual indexes.The Agent for Enterprise Vault will also Integrate with the Enterprise Vault Migrator to provide archived data migration to Backup Exec tapes which is easily managed and controlled via the Enterprise Vault administration interface.
- Simple and flexible backup protection for some or all of an Enterprise Vault infrastructure
- Recover all aspects of the Enterprise Vault infrastructure, from entire installations to individual index files
- New migration simplicity for migrating Enterprise Vault data to tape or a B2D folder for long-term retention
- Automatically recover data that has been migrated to tape
NEW Lotus Domino 8.5 Support
Support for the latest Lotus Domino 8.5 email environments including support for:
- New Domino Attachment and Object Store (DAOS)
- Ability to restore individual Domino NLO (DAOS attachments) from a Database-level backup
- 32-bit Domino installations running in a 64-bit Windows environment in order to allow for more flexible Domino environments
Plus an improved restore browse view including new Lotus Domino specific nodes which simplifies the backup selection process.
- Protection for the latest shipping version of Lotus Domino
- Provides backup and recovery of the DAOS store and associated NLO files
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Lotus Domino
Enhanced Virtual Tape Library (VTL) Support and Licensing
New VTL enhancements that integrates each VTL storage environment as a unique devices and shows only tape functions that are valid for VTLs (i.e. no retention). VTL media can also be modified to erase data that has reached its expiration data to reclaim storage space for more crucial data.
In addition Backup Exec introduces a new VTL Unlimited Drive Option with provides unlimited Library Expansion Options per VTL devices.
- Enhanced protection for virtual tape libraries
- Simple, cost efficient pricing for VTL devices